A University Institute of Technology
Where courses are geared towards professional qualifications
The IUT offers two-year courses in a variety of technological, business and sociocultural studies and has several post-graduate one-year degree courses leading to the award of a “Diplôme Universitaire” or of a “Licence Professionnelle”.
The company is central to the training programmes at the IUT. Tuition is largely focused on what actually happens in the work environment. Project management plays a central role. The teaching staff itself includes a high proportion of real “professionals”. Constant co-operation with the profession means that the skills taught are state-of-the-art, relating directly to the work situation. Consequently the new IUT graduate is immediately operational and, even more important, employable.
For multi-disciplined training in
- Science and technology
- Business and management
- Social and cultural activities
- Communication skills
- Foreign language skills (English compulsory for all students; German and Spanish offered as a 2nd language; French language classes also organised)
- Team leadership skills
- Project management
- 1,800 students enrol in a first diploma course each year
- 150 trainees enrol in adult education courses
- 75 % of IUT graduates go directly into first-time employment within three months after graduation
- 71 % of IUT graduates continue in full-time study programmes